Quality teaching and learning at Largs Bay School is about ensuring a robust curriculum that reflects an understanding of the changing nature of young people as learners and the challenges and demands that will continue to shape learning in the future. The school’s broad educational goals include supporting students to become successful learners, confident individuals and active and informed citizens.
The Australian Curriculum guides teaching and learning programs
Each term, parents are provided with a Term Overview outlining the class teaching and learning program. It will:
- document an overview of the class teaching and learning program for the term
- link the teaching and learning program to the 8 Learning Areas of the Australian Curriculum
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts
- Indonesian Language
- identify the theme or focus for the term’s work for each class if applicable
- include information about the specialist teaching areas – Physical Education, Indonesian, S.T.E.M, Music and Writing.
- be distributed to the parents by the end of Week 3
- be available for discussion at the school ‘Welcome Event’ in first term