At Largs Bay School the Student Voice Committee (SVC) are a group of students elected by their peers to represent all students within our school.
Two SVC reps are elected per class for the year. Each class from Years R-6 can elect 2 class representatives. Class teachers may ask students, who would like to self-nominate, to present a short speech to their class or another form of presentation to talk about why they would make a great SVC rep. The SVC is lead by the Largs Bay School Student Wellbeing Leader Karen Smith and our Student Voice Executive.
SVC roles and responsibilities
- Be the voice of the school by actively listening to student, class and community issues
- Lead class meetings and report back to SVC
- Involvement in creative recess and lunchtime programs to engage students
- Giving up own time to benefit the broader school community
- Planning, organisation and running of school events in collaboration with teachers
- Working together, decision-making and prioritising ideas and suggestions