Defence Mentor Program
To assist young people with the transition process, the Defence School Mentor works as part of Largs Bay School’s Wellbeing Team in The STEM centre to:
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to young people with their integration into the school community
- Raise on-going awareness of mobility issues facing students
- Assist students to build their self-confidence and resilience
- Encourage young people to explore options and to make the most of opportunities available to them.
This can include
- Being a contact to parents of mobile ADF students in the school
- Attend to the welcoming and well-being of students/families
- Assisting students to quickly develop a sense of belonging at Largs Bay School
- Being available to assist with student achievement when they transition from one state to another
- Supporting students when a Defence parent is on long term deployment, or on training/exercise
- Assisting students to build resilience with their day-to-day friendships and school activities
- Enhancing the relationship between the school and their Defence community.
The Defence School Mentor can be contacted by calling 8282 6400 or directly via email email@example.com